Volunteering at the Anthony Museum is a gratifying way to give back to your community while celebrating Rochester’s history. Together with other history and women’s rights enthusiasts, you will inspire our guests to effect positive change in their communities through the story of Susan B. Anthony’s life and work.
Here at the Anthony Museum, we are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to help in the following ways:
- Cashier – Process admission and purchases in our Museum Shop
- Docent – Give thought-provoking tours of the home where Susan B. Anthony lived and worked for over 40 years
- Receptionist – Greet guests as they enter the museum and help the Visitor Center run smoothly
- Special Projects – From gardening to parades, office work to large scale events, there is always a project that can benefit from your time and attention
Benefits of Volunteering
We value our volunteers and the time they give to the Anthony Museum; we like to show it by offering:
- Book discussions – historical and contemporary non-fiction
- Volunteer Recognition events in the Spring, Summer, and Fall
- Access to the Martha Kelly Memorial Volunteer Library
- Invitations to field trips and other educational activities
- A regular newsletter – Miss Anthony’s Kitchen
- Free admission to the museum for the volunteer and one guest
- 10% off purchases in the Museum Shop
What We Ask
- A commitment of at least 6 volunteer hours per month
- Attendance at quarterly Volunteer Meetings and other continuing education opportunities
If you’re interested in learning more, email email@example.com!
To become a volunteer please fill out our online form below.